Holy Week Services 2022: April 10- 17
The services of Holy Week commemorate Jesus’ descent into death before the great miracle of Easter. Please join us at St. James for the Holy Week Journey!
- Palm Sunday – April 10, 2022, 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Blessing of the Palms begins outside on the front lawn (rain location, Parish Hall)
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in Holy Week – April 11-13, 12:15 p.m.
Noon Day Prayer Services
Tuesday’s service will include prayers for healing & anointing
- Maundy Thursday – April 14, 7:30 p.m.
Washing of Feet, Holy Eucharist, Stripping of the Altar
Maundy Thursday commemorates the humility of Jesus and the institution of the Holy Eucharist. To follow Jesus’ example of servant ministry, we will be washing the feet of those who desire it. The altar and sanctuary will be stripped at the end of our service, symbolizing the stripping of Jesus’ clothes. We will leave silently in the darkness.
- Good Friday – April 15, 7:30 p.m.
Book of Common Prayer Good Friday liturgy
- Holy Saturday – April 16, 9:00 am
Brief liturgy of the day with lessons and prayers (no Easter Vigil service this year; Christ Episcopal, Roanoke has their Easter Vigil at 8:00 pm)
- Easter Day, the Day of Resurrection – Sunday, April 17, 2022, 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Come and celebrate the Risen Lord! Garden flowers are welcomed for the children to flower the Cross. A gourmet Easter Coffee Hour follows the 10 am service; the Hospitality Committee welcomes finger foods.